The folks at Fodor’s know a bit about travel, so when they recently cited LAN as having one of the “6 Outstanding International Business-Class Experiences,” well, we felt pretty honored.
But then, our Premium Business Class has been getting rave reviews from our passengers for years. And given the myriad amenities we offer, including our flights to South America, it’s easy to understand why.
- Full-flat 180 degree reclining seats
- Menu of regional cuisine created by Head Chef Hugo Pantano
- Wine list curated by Hector Vergara, South America’s only Master Sommelier
- Individual, 15.4-inch, high-resolution screens for onboard entertainment
- Over 110 films, 40 TV programs, 1,300 CD’s and 20 games to choose from
- Data posts compatible with tablets, cell phones, digital cameras and USB devices
- Amenity kit with products from Salvatore Ferragamo
So when we heard Boeing was making a new 787, you know we had to get some. And now they’re here. The new 787-9 aircraft became a part of the LAN Airlines fleet back in April, and we’ll gradually roll them out across the fleet.
For you, this means some welcome advances in in-flight comfort:
• New air humidification techniques reduce feelings of dryness and fatigue by providing cleaner air
• Windows with up to 40% greater surface area
• Overhead luggage compartments 30% larger (!)
• LED illumination and aerodynamics that provide for a smoother flight
Photo: Bridget Gleeson
Wait – Uruguay? Yes, thanks for noticing: I usually write about Argentina for LAN. But if there’s one time of year when Argentinians like to consider Uruguay an unofficial extension of their own country – and with its gorgeous coastline, bucolic countryside, gaucho culture, burgeoning wine industry, and a widely beloved president who’s been called Latin America’s most original leader and the most revolutionary president in the world, who wouldn’t want to be associated year-round? – it’s summertime.