Every real adventurer knows life is sweeter with the wind whipping through your hair, blood pumping with endorphins, and a board firmly planted under your feet. And if you can do it all while exploring a new country or two, well, that’s even better. South America is the best of well, everywhere – combining the dream slopes of Europe with the rocking waves of the South Pacific and the sand dunes of the Middle East. There’s no other way around it, it’s a thrill seeker’s paradise.
Whether you’re dreaming of snowboarding, surfing, or sandboarding, we’ve scoured South America for the best adventure spots so you can spend less time planning and get straight to the good stuff.
Photo: Sergio Olivier
Holiday traditions vary wildly around the world from gift giving to elaborate festivals. But in South America, one tradition has stood the test of time no matter where you are—raising a glass of holiday cheer. Here’s a look at six of our favorite South American countries and their spirited holiday offerings.
The folks at Fodor’s know a bit about travel, so when they recently cited LAN as having one of the “6 Outstanding International Business-Class Experiences,” well, we felt pretty honored.
But then, our Premium Business Class has been getting rave reviews from our passengers for years. And given the myriad amenities we offer, including our flights to South America, it’s easy to understand why.
- Full-flat 180 degree reclining seats
- Menu of regional cuisine created by Head Chef Hugo Pantano
- Wine list curated by Hector Vergara, South America’s only Master Sommelier
- Individual, 15.4-inch, high-resolution screens for onboard entertainment
- Over 110 films, 40 TV programs, 1,300 CD’s and 20 games to choose from
- Data posts compatible with tablets, cell phones, digital cameras and USB devices
- Amenity kit with products from Salvatore Ferragamo