Check your confirmation email for a 15% Special Discount
for tickets to Chile with LAN Airlines.
Make sure to check your inbox (or spam folder) for your confirmation email and to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list.
Click here to learn how you could win our year-end GRAND PRIZE.
We’re going to end 2014 with a bang. We’ll be giving away our Grand Prize—a trip for two to any of this year’s Countdown To South America destinations. That includes roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, transfers, a guided tour…the complete package!
Keep checking back here as the year draws to an end, so you can get your shot at this incredible Grand Prize. In the meantime, click here to check out all the amazing travel experiences you’ll find Only In South America.
Rent bikes out of the ancient town of San Pedro de Atacama, and head for this spectacular area of the Atacama salt pan. You can take in panoramic views of the Andes, and float on lagoon waters as salty as the Dead Sea. The ride is about 30 miles roundtrip, and be sure to bring along sunscreen and plenty of water.
Most tours to the geysers, which are among the highest in the world, depart before dawn, but it’s worth the early arousal. The geysers are set at an altitude of over 4000 meters, which lends for splendid surroundings. On the way home, look for vicuñas and a massive variety of birds. If your tour stops for a dip in the Puritama Hot Springs, all the better.
Sign up for a tour in San Pedro de Atacama, and spend a day exploring “The Valley of The Moon.” It’s a starkly beautiful, barren landscape with large stone walls reminiscent of the Grand Canyon. Make sure your tour includes the viewing of a sunset (most do), which can be quite remarkable.
San Pedro de Atacama in the north of Chile, is where most visitors to Chile sandboard, in a valley right outside the town called Valle de la Muerte (Death Valley). Guided tours depart a couple of times a day, or, for the more independent (and athletic), you can rent bikes and boards together to cycle the 5 km... Read more.
Want to know more? Click here to see other news and activities around Atacama and other destinations in Chile.
South America has so many incredible travel experiences to offer—vibrant cities, breath-taking nature, colorful cultural celebrations—it’s hard to narrow it down to just one. So we didn’t.
We'll be giving away lots of flights to lots of amazing South American destinations throughout the year, but you need to come back and register for each one individually.
David, Rio Winner
Rachel, Lima Winner
Countdown to South America
Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines, 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 (“LAN Airlines” or “LAN” or Sponsor).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Countdown to South America destination ATACAMA ("Promotion") is only valid between 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on September 5, 2014 to 11:59 p.m. EST on October 3, 2014(“Promotion Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia, who are of legal age of majority in their state and/or district of residence. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
Those whose country of residence is different to the United States may only access the Promotion's webpage and application, but are not entitled to become a Prize winner.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Internet access is required to enter and all entries must be submitted online through Sponsor's landing page during the Promotion Period. To enter without purchase or obligation, entrants must:
(i) access www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/countdown (the “Contest Landing Page”)
(ii) complete all required fields of the online entry form
One additional entry can be obtained by each Participant registered for the promotion if Participant shares that they have entered the promotion via Facebook or Twitter through the “share” buttons provided by Sponsor on the “Contest Landing Page.”
By following these steps entrants accept to be bound by these Official Rules, that the decisions of Sponsor are final, and become automatically entered to win the Grand Prize. Limit of two entries per person as specified above, throughout the Promotion Period.
Entrants must provide a valid e-mail address to Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account on the date the entry was submitted to the Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized e-mail account holder.
The register of entrants will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cross-reference between the database of customers registered for the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants e-mails inviting them to become LANPASS members, special offers or promotions, requests to update their records, as well as emails, offers and promotions from Sponsor or its affiliates.
5. WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. ickets must be issued by December 31, 2014. Travel dates must be between October 16, 2014 and October 1, 2015. Blackout dates are November 21, 2014 thru November 30, 2014 December 10, 2014 thru February 28, 2015, as well as March 27, 2015 thru April 5, 2015, June 1, 2015 thru August 20, 2015 and September 11, 2015 thru September 20, 2015.
Due to high demand in air travel, the prizes are subject to blackout dates throughout the year due to availability. Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
The earliest your reservation may be confirmed is 45 days prior to your departure date, not before.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected and notified through the email provided. If the Grand Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within one (1) week from the time Sponsor first attempts to notify him/her; (iii) fails to accept the prize within two (2) business days (iv) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified; (v) refuses the prize; and/or (vi) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Grand Prize Winner will have forfeited all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the prize may remain un-awarded. The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Promotion to be declared the "Winner" of the Promotion.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win a trip for two, which includes two (2) round-trip airfare tickets in Economy class on flights operated by Sponsor from the U.S.A. city of MIAMI (MIA), FL or NEW YORK CITY (JFK) or LOS ANGELES (LAX) to CALAMA (CJC), Chile and a 3 night hotel stay package compliments of Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa that includes: Transfers between the hotel and Calama airport, Deluxe room, American breakfast, lunch and dinner, all taxes and resort fees, Open Standard bar –soft drinks, mineral water, juices, house wines, beers and liquors, Daily excursions (two half day or one full day excursion per day in small groups with other guests, accompanied by our guides), Full use of all the hotel facilities, including gardens, pools, saunas and Jacuzzi, Check in time is 3:00 pm, check out time is 11:00 am. Please be advised the following extras are not included: Guests pay directly at the hotel for spa treatments, drinks and wines from the Premium liquor and wine list, telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenditures.
The approximate retail value of the prize is $7,358. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Grand Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the Gran Prize Winner(s).
All tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or any of its affliates. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
All hotel stays are valid on regular calendar days. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets or hotel stays issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets and Hotel Stays will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion. Once issued, tickets and hotel stays are not transferable to another person.
The feature of the Grand Prize is fixed and may not modified by Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Tickets do not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country taxes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Grand Prize by the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion.
The Grand Prize air tickets and hotel stays will not be considered for LANPASS classification of any of the LANPASS member categories, or to move from one category to another, and do not include the right to earn kilometers miles in the LANPASS Frequent Flyer Program, with oneworld, or any other program that might be implemented in the future. Tickets and hotel stays will be issued to the individuals named by the Grand Prize Winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The Grand Prize Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winners' acceptance or use of the Prize.
By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. Incomplete entries are void. The Grand Prize is not transferable or assignable. The Grand Prize Winner will receive instructions on claiming the tickets via the same e-mail provided to Sponsor. Any change or errors to the email address is solely and exclusively the participant's responsibility, and not Sponsors.
Any and all person(s) accepting the Grand Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on sponsor’s USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Grand Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the courts in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in compliance with Florida law.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any technical problems or technical malfunction that may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to hardware or software errors, faulty computer, telephone, cable satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems, errors or limitation of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers, grabbled, jumbled or faulty data transmission; failure of any e-mail transmissions, inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, among others.
At the time the trip is made, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are respectively responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Sponsor is not responsible for difficulties experienced by the Grand Winner and his/her companion and/or his/her failure to obtain any and all applicable visas and travel documents.
The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void.
Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules, or to cancel or suspend this Promotion if its integrity is impaired by a virus or computer malfunction.
Inquiries regarding the Grand Prize Winner and/or a copy of the Official Rules must be made by November 1, 2014 to LATAM Airlines Group,S.A d/b/a LAN Airlines. Attn: The South America Countdown Destination CARTAGENA, 6500 NW 22 Street,Miami,Florida,33122.