Make sure to check your inbox (or spam folder) for your confirmation email and to add email@example.com to your email safe list.
Here's an intriguing thought
Make a New Year's resolution to visit South America in 2015
Click here to explore the possibilities
We’re going to end 2014 with a bang. We’ll be giving away our Grand Prize—a trip for two to any of this year’s Countdown To South America destinations. That includes roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, transfers, a guided tour…the complete package!
Keep checking back here as the year draws to an end, so you can get your shot at this incredible Grand Prize. In the meantime, click here to check out all the amazing travel experiences you’ll find Only In South America.
With 30 years of experience and thousands of satisfied clients, Brazil Nuts Tours is the favorite tour operator for savvy travelers seeking innovative, value-added travel packages to Rio de Janeiro and all over Brazil and South America. Check out our selection of packages, hotels and adventures designed to bring out your inner “Carioca". Click here to see more
The Windsor Hotel chain is the largest, fastest growing and most respected hotel chain in Rio, offering accommodations in a variety of properties throughout Rio from budget to deluxe, leisure to business. The magnificent Windsor Atlantica, located on beautiful Copacabana Beach, is their flagship property and provides a most memorable experience for visitors to this beautiful city.
It's too late for this year, but if you want to ring in 2016 in unforgettable fashion, the beaches of Rio provide the perfect opportunity. Copacabana Beach is the epicenter of the party with live music and spectacular fireworks. Be sure to wear white for good luck.Grava, though engaging a local guide for that trip is recommended.
Even if you can't make it to Rio for Carnaval, you can still get a good taste of the celebration. Rio’s Samba schools (as the large groups of Carnaval performers are known) often conduct off-season performances as a way of raising funds and rehearsing for the main event. They are usually open to the public, and always a colorful, swirling spectacle to behold.
This short (1.5 mile), relatively easy hike is the perfect antidote to the bustling city life of Rio. The hike--which is manageable for most kids, too—only takes about 20-25 minutes to complete, but takes you to a whole other, verdant world with spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding mountains. If you’re feeling up for a physical challenge, you may want to hike the trail up Petra Da Grava, though engaging a local guide for that trip is recommended.
Rio de Janeiro needs no excuse to throw a party. In fact, the word for “party,” (festa) might just be one of the first words in Portuguese you master on a visit to the most beautiful city in the Southern Hemisphere, right after caipirinha, cerveja (beer)... Read more.
Want to know more? Click here to see other news and activities around Rio and other destinations in Brazil.
South America has so many incredible travel experiences to offer—vibrant cities, breath-taking nature, colorful cultural celebrations—it’s hard to narrow it down to just one. So we didn’t.
We'll be giving away lots of flights to lots of amazing South American destinations throughout the year, but you need to come back and register for each one individually.
David, Rio Winner
Rachel, Lima Winner
Countdown to South America
Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. SPONSOR. LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines, 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 (“LAN Airlines” or “LAN” or Sponsor).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Countdown to South America destination RIO ("Promotion") is only valid between 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 3, 2014 to 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2014(“Promotion Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia, who are of legal age of majority in their state and/or district of residence. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsor, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
Those whose country of residence is different to the United States may only access the Promotion's webpage and application, but are not entitled to become a Prize winner.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Internet access is required to enter and all entries must be submitted online through Sponsor's landing page during the Promotion Period. To enter without purchase or obligation, entrants must:
(i) access www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/countdown (the “Contest Landing Page”)
(ii) complete all required fields of the online entry form
One additional entry can be obtained by each Participant registered for the promotion if Participant shares that they have entered the promotion via Facebook or Twitter through the “share” buttons provided by Sponsor on the “Contest Landing Page.”
By following these steps entrants accept to be bound by these Official Rules,that the decisions of Sponsor are final, and become automatically entered to win the Grand Prize. Limit of two entries per person as specified above, throughout the Promotion Period.
Entrants must provide a valid e-mail address to Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account on the date the entry was submitted to the Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized e-mail account holder.
The register of entrants will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cross-reference between the database of customers registered for the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants e-mails inviting them to become LANPASS or Fidelidade members, special offers or promotions, requests to update their records, as well as emails, offers and promotions from Sponsor or its affiliates.
5. WINNERS SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected and notified through the email provided. If the Grand Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within one (1) week from the time Sponsor first attempts to notify him/her; (iii) fails to accept the prize within two (2) business days (iv) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified; (v) refuses the prize; and/or (vi) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Grand Prize Winner will have forfeited all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the prize may remain un-awarded. The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Promotion to be declared the "Winner" of the Promotion.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win a trip for two, which includes two (2) round-trip airfare tickets in Economy class on flights operated by Sponsor or its affiliate TAM Airlines from MIAMI (MIA), FL or NEW YORK (JFK), NY to RIO (RIO), Brazil and a 4 days/3 nights (valid only for stays beginning on Friday thru Monday) stay at the 5-Star Windsor Atlantica Hotel compliments of Brazil Nuts and Windsor Hotels which includes: Accommodations in 1 standard double room including breakfast and hotel taxes.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $4,200. No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Grand Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Sponsor does not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes herein mentioned or that might be selected by the Grand Prize Winner.
All tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than LAN Airlines or TAM Airlines. All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsor. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability. E Tickets must be issued by February 28, 2014. Travel dates must be between March 1, 2014 and November 30, 2015. Blackout dates are March 27, 2015 thru April 5, 2015, July 1 thru July 31, 2015, as well as September 18 thru September 27, 2015.
Due to high demand in air travel, the prizes are subject to blackout dates throughout the year due to availability. Please contact Sponsor for any questions regarding blackout dates.
The earliest your reservation may be confirmed is 45 days prior to your departure date, not before.
There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods. Tickets will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion. Once issued, tickets are not transferable to another person.
The features of the Grand Prize are fixed and may not modified by Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Tickets do not include applicable taxes, airport taxes, federal/state/country taxes, departure taxes, customs duties and security fees. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for expenses not specifically stated in these rules, including but not limited to taxes, insurance, gas, travel expenses, food or drink, or any other added expense of any nature. Travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports are not included either. Sponsor is not responsible for any other direct or indirect cost, expenditure, tax or payment associated to the use of the Grand Prize by the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion.
The Grand Prize air tickets will not be considered for LANPASS classification of any of the LANPASS member categories, or to move from one category to another, and do not include the right to earn kilometers / miles in the LANPASS Frequent Flyer Program, TAM Fidelidade, with oneworld, or any other program that might be implemented in the future. Tickets stays will be issued to the individuals named by the Grand Prize Winner.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Grand Prize Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winners' acceptance or use of the Prize.
By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.
Neither Sponsor nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
8. OTHER POINTS. By entering into this Promotion you agree to receive periodical emails and promotions from Sponsor or any of its affiliates. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
Incomplete entries are void. The Grand Prize is not transferable or assignable. The Grand Prize Winner will receive instructions on claiming the tickets via the same e-mail provided to Sponsor. Any change or errors to the email address is solely and exclusively the participant's responsibility, and not Sponsors.
Any and all person(s) accepting the Grand Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on sponsor’s USA Facebook and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Grand Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the courts in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in compliance with Florida law.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any technical problems or technical malfunction that may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to hardware or software errors, faulty computer, telephone, cable satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems, errors or limitation of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers, grabbled, jumbled or faulty data transmission; failure of any e-mail transmissions, inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, among others.
At the time the trip is made, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are respectively responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required. Sponsor is not responsible for difficulties experienced by the Grand Winner and his/her companion and/or his/her failure to obtain any and all applicable visas and travel documents.
The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void.
Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules, or to cancel or suspend this Promotion if its integrity is impaired by a virus or computer malfunction.
Inquiries regarding the Grand Prize Winner and/or a copy of the Official Rules must be made by March 15, 2014 to LATAM Airlines Group, S.A d/b/a LAN Airlines. Attn: The South America FINAL Countdown Destination RIO, Marketing Department, 6500 NW 22 Street, Miami, Florida, 33122.