Okay, you’ve got four sommeliers, 32 of the best Chilean wines and eight hours. We need you to build a Chilean-inspired wine bar, and be ready to serve over 500 people this evening.
Oh, and this is a competition. There are three other teams with exactly the same assignment. Yes, it’s going to be challenging, but the reward is pretty sweet; LAN Airlines will fly the winning team in our Premium Business class for a once in a lifetime trip to Chile.
The folks at Fodor’s know a bit about travel, so when they recently cited LAN as having one of the “6 Outstanding International Business-Class Experiences,” well, we felt pretty honored.
But then, our Premium Business Class has been getting rave reviews from our passengers for years. And given the myriad amenities we offer, including our flights to South America, it’s easy to understand why.
- Full-flat 180 degree reclining seats
- Menu of regional cuisine created by Head Chef Hugo Pantano
- Wine list curated by Hector Vergara, South America’s only Master Sommelier
- Individual, 15.4-inch, high-resolution screens for onboard entertainment
- Over 110 films, 40 TV programs, 1,300 CD’s and 20 games to choose from
- Data posts compatible with tablets, cell phones, digital cameras and USB devices
- Amenity kit with products from Salvatore Ferragamo
So when we heard Boeing was making a new 787, you know we had to get some. And now they’re here. The new 787-9 aircraft became a part of the LAN Airlines fleet back in April, and we’ll gradually roll them out across the fleet.
For you, this means some welcome advances in in-flight comfort:
• New air humidification techniques reduce feelings of dryness and fatigue by providing cleaner air
• Windows with up to 40% greater surface area
• Overhead luggage compartments 30% larger (!)
• LED illumination and aerodynamics that provide for a smoother flight
Skift.com couldn’t have said it better – our new VIP Lounge launched this April 2015 is a physical representation of the diverse cultures of our region, South America.
Located on the 4th and 5th floors of the western sector of Santiago’s Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport in Chile, this space is much more than just a VIP lounge. Here are some fun facts and main features of our sleek new space in SCL: