oneworld® is the world’s leading quality airline alliance, bringing together 12 of the world’s biggest and best names in the airline industry and 20 affiliated carriers, all committed to providing world-class service and value.
Frequent flyer information
Although the oneworld® alliance does not offer its own frequent flyer program, if you are a member of a frequent flyer program of any oneworld airline, your rewards and privileges are extended throughout the oneworld alliance.
oneworld Benefits by tier statusAs a LANPASS member you will also earn tier status whenever you take any oneworld flight - that is a flight which is both marketed and operated by a oneworld airline (the 2-letter designator of a oneworld carrier must appear on your ticket).
Because oneworld’s airlines all have different names for the top membership tiers in their frequent flyer programs, the alliance has created a tier of names, based on gemstones, that are common across all oneworld airlines:
- Emerald denotes the top tier in any program.
- Sapphire denotes the second tier.
- Ruby denotes the third tier.
To help staff easily recognise top-tier members and identify the benefits to which they are entitled, top tier membership cards issued by all oneworld airlines carry a oneworld gemstone symbol in the appropriate colour.
Enjoy oneworld benefits with your own airline's frequent flyer program
See how your own program's tier status equates to oneworld status*, and the benefits that you will receive.
Find out the privileges* to which your tier status entitles you.
First or Business Class lounge, regardless of class of travel, with one traveling companion.
Business Class lounge, regardless of class of travel, with one traveling companion.
Business Class desks.
Business Class desks.
|Priority standby and waitlisting||YES||YES||YES|
|Preferred and pre-reserved seating**||YES||YES||YES|
|Pre-boarding or boarding at convenience**||YES||YES||NO|
**Preferred and pre-reserved seating offered in line with the individual policy of the oneworld member airline operating the flight.
First or Business Class check-in desks and lounges are not available at all airports.
Lounge access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is marketed and operated by a oneworld airline. At peak periods, access to some lounges may be restricted because of capacity constraints. Access may not apply at a limited number of lounges operated by third parties.
Access is not available to American Airlines’ AAdvantage members traveling on wholly North American itineraries (within the USA, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, Bahamas and the Caribbean) or to Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members at Domestic Qantas Business Class lounges.
As a member of LANPASS you can earn miles or points on eligible fares and flights marketed and operated by any oneworld airline. Eligible flights also count towards advancing or maintaining your tier status - a unique oneworld benefit. And, when you are ready to redeem your miles, you can do so across the alliance’s combined more than 750-destination worldwide network.
Find out more about collecting miles and tier points with our airline partners.
Members of each oneworld® alliance airline are able to earn and redeem miles with their airline partners - so when you are ready to redeem your miles or points for a travel award, oneworld brings you more options than ever, including round-the-world travel options.
Find out how many miles or points you need
Simply check the number of miles or points required with LANPASS. The number of miles or points redeemed varies depending on the distance and class of service travelled.
Making an award reservation
To determine the award for your travel plans, please contact LANPASS reservations with details of your chosen itinerary and your service representative will calculate the miles you are flying and advise you of the correct award to use.
Learn more about redeeming miles and points with LANPASS.
The oneworld® alliance airlines provide almost 550 airport departure lounges across the globe. If you are a Premium Silver or Comodoro member at the top-tier Emerald or Sapphire level, you will have access to any of these lounges before departure, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying.
At many lounges, you can enjoy refreshments, telephones and computer facilities. At some locations, there are showers, a wider range of business services and meeting facilities. Access is subject to lounge capacity.
In all cases, lounge access eligibility is based on:
- Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline AND
- Frequent flyer tier status - you must present a current frequent flyer card equivalent to oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status, OR
- Class of travel - you must produce a First or Business Class boarding pass for the journey's international segment on the same day.
- At airlines' First Class lounges, access will be restricted to Emerald members or those traveling in First Class.
- At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints.
- Access is available on the day of departure when your next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline (there’s also an exception for flights departing after midnight). Access may not apply at a limited number of third-party-operated lounges.
- Most lounges are owned and operated by a oneworld airline. In some locations, lounges may be operated by a third party (non-oneworld affiliated) on behalf of oneworld airlines.
- American Airlines and Qantas offer programs enabling a customer to pay to gain access to their lounges. These lounge members do not automatically gain access to other oneworld carrier lounges as part of the oneworld agreement, but may qualify based on oneworld lounge access rules.
To check the lounge access policy for LANPASS and review the lounge access for your frequent flyer status, visit oneworld.com*
If you are a top tier member of a oneworld airline’s frequent flyer program (Emerald or Sapphire level) you are eligible to use any of some 550 airport departure lounges offered by our member airlines before your oneworld flight, whether or not you are traveling in First or Business Class.
Find out which oneworld member airline lounges are available at airports around the world by searching the oneworld Lounge Directory on oneworld.com. You’ll also find information on the location of lounges at each airport and operating hours.
Search for a oneworld lounge*
View the highlights of oneworld member airline lounges with our Lounge Tours* on oneworld.com.
*You are about to leave LAN.com. The products and services offered herein are the exclusive responsibility of the parties offering them.