Summer Skiing in South America
South America's ski and snowboard season begins in June and runs until October, but the best months for skiing and shredding are July and August when the slopes are powdery and the scenery is spectacular. The Andes are the world's largest continental mountain range, so views from the top include everything from ancient volcanoes to the lush Amazonian forests.
In Chile, you'll want to check out the world-famous Portillo Ski Resort, as well as La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado which offers the largest terrain in Chile, as well as a modern lift system and hotels.
Choose your destination and discover its charms
- Ticket must be purchased until midnight (EST) July 27, 2015.
- Flights operated by: Lan.
- Fare applicable to fly in Economy class.
- Required booking class: N.
- Minimum stay at the destination: 5 days or Saturday night.
- Maximum stay at the destination: 3 months.
- Travel must begin on or after August 06, 2015.
- Travel must be finished by March 30, 2016.
- Advance purchase: Ticket must be purchased at least 14 days before departure.
- Child fare (2-11 years): Accompanied 75% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): Without a seat 10% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): With a seat 75% of an adult fare.
- Changes before flight-departure time are permitted with a penalty fee of US$ 200.
- Changes after flight-departure time are permitted with a penalty fee of US$ 250.
- Refund before flight-depature time is not allowed.
- Refund after flight-depature time is not allowed.
- Refund requests are permitted within 24 hours after the ticket is purchased.
- From Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 10/OCT/15 Through 19/OCT/15 or From 17/DEC Through 23/DEC or From 19/NOV Through 21/NOV or From 25/NOV Through 28/NOV or From 17/MAR Through 19/MAR or From 23/MAR Through 29/MAR.To Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 08/OCT/15 Through 12/OCT/15 or From 28/NOV Through 01/DEC or From 17/DEC Through 23/DEC or From 23/MAR Through 29/MAR.
- Government taxes and fees of up to 93 , varying by destination, are included and may vary slightly depending on currency exchange rates at the time of purchase.
- Fares subject to change without previous notice. Seats are limited.
- A September 11th Security Fee of 5.60 USD per one-way trip originating at a U.S. airport is included in the fare.
- Other restrictions may apply.