Summer Skiing in South America
South America's ski and snowboard season begins in June and runs until October, but the best months for skiing and shredding are July and August when the slopes are powdery and the scenery is spectacular. The Andes are the world's largest continental mountain range, so views from the top include everything from ancient volcanoes to the lush Amazonian forests.
In Chile, you'll want to check out the world-famous Portillo Ski Resort, as well as La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado which offers the largest terrain in Chile, as well as a modern lift system and hotels.
Choose your destination and discover its charms
- Ticket must be purchased until midnight (EST) November 24, 2015.
- Flights operated by: Lan.
- Fare applicable to fly in Economy class.
- Required booking class: Q.
- Minimum stay at the destination: Saturday night.
- Maximum stay at the destination: 3 months.
- Travel permitted for flight departure the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Travel permitted for flight return the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Advance purchase: Ticket must be purchased at least 7 days before departure.
- Child fare (2-11 years): Accompanied 75% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): Without a seat 10% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): With a seat 75% of an adult fare.
- Changes before flight-departure time are permitted with a penalty fee of US$ 250.
- Changes after flight-departure time are permitted with a penalty fee of US$ 250.
- Refund before flight-depature time is not allowed.
- Refund after flight-depature time is not allowed.
- Refund requests are permitted within 24 hours after the ticket is purchased.
- From Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 20/NOV/15 Through 15/DEC/15 or From 21/DEC/15 Through 10/FEB/16 or From 03/MAR/16 Through 09/JUL/16 or From 02/AUG/16 Through 19/AUG/16 To Santiago de Chile fare allows travel in the following dates: From 20/NOV/15 Through 01/JAN/16 or From 07/FEB/16 Through 26/JUN/16 or From 20/JUL/16 Through 19/AUG/16
- Travel is not permitted in the following dates: .
- Government taxes and fees of up to 93 , varying by destination, are included and may vary slightly depending on currency exchange rates at the time of purchase.
- Fares subject to change without previous notice. Seats are limited.
- A September 11th Security Fee of 5.60 USD per one-way trip originating at a U.S. airport is included in the fare.
- Other restrictions may apply.