Summer Skiing in South America
South America's ski and snowboard season begins in June and runs until October, but the best months for skiing and shredding are July and August when the slopes are powdery and the scenery is spectacular. The Andes are the world's largest continental mountain range, so views from the top include everything from ancient volcanoes to the lush Amazonian forests.
In Chile, you'll want to check out the world-famous Portillo Ski Resort, as well as La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado which offers the largest terrain in Chile, as well as a modern lift system and hotels.
Choose your destination and discover its charms
- Flights operated by: Lan.
- Fare applicable to fly Economy.
- Required booking class N.
- Minimum stay at the destination: 7 days.
- Maximum stay at the destination: 3 months.
- Sales restrictions: Ticket must be purchased on or before June 30, 2015.
- Travel permitted for flight departure the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Travel permitted for flight return the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Advance purchase: Ticket must be purchased at least 28 days before departure.
- Child fare (2-11 years): Accompanied 75% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): Without a seat 10% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): With a seat 75% of an adult fare.
- Changes are permitted with a penalty of US$ 200 on or before date of flight departure.
- After flight departure day change is permitted with US$ 250 penalty.
- Refund requests are permitted within 24 hours after the ticket is purchased.
- Refunds are not permitted after date of flight departure.
- From Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 03/MAR/15 Through 10/JUL/15 or From 15/AUG/15 Through 18/SEP/15 or From 01/OCT/15 Through 02/DEC/15 To Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 03/MAR/15 Through 30/JUN/15 or From 26/JUL/15 Through 05/SEP/15 or From 19/SEP/15 Through 02/DEC/15
- From Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 20/MAR/15 Through 21/MAR/15.To Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 20/MAR/15 Through 21/MAR/15.
- Fares subject to change without previous notice. Seats are limited.
- A September 11th Security Fee of 5.60 USD per one-way trip originating at a U.S. airport is included in the fare.
- Other restrictions may apply.