Summer Skiing in South America
South America's ski and snowboard season begins in June and runs until October, but the best months for skiing and shredding are July and August when the slopes are powdery and the scenery is spectacular. The Andes are the world's largest continental mountain range, so views from the top include everything from ancient volcanoes to the lush Amazonian forests.
In Chile, you'll want to check out the world-famous Portillo Ski Resort, as well as La Parva, El Colorado and Valle Nevado which offers the largest terrain in Chile, as well as a modern lift system and hotels.
Choose your destination and discover its charms
- Flights operated by: Lan.
- Fare applicable to fly Economy.
- Required booking class N.
- Minimum stay at the destination: 7 days.
- Maximum stay at the destination: 3 months.
- Sales restrictions: Ticket must be purchased on or before December 31, 2014.
- Travel permitted for flight departure the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Travel permitted for flight return the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Advance purchase: Ticket must be purchased at least 28 days before departure.
- Child fare (2-11 years): Accompanied 75% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): Without a seat 10% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): With a seat 75% of an adult fare.
- Changes are permitted with a penalty of US$ 150 on or before date of flight departure.
- After flight departure day change is permitted with US$ 200 penalty.
- Refund requests are permitted within 24 hours after the ticket is purchased.
- Refunds are not permitted after date of flight departure.
- From Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 15/SEP/14 Through 18/SEP/14 or From 01/OCT/14 Through 14/DEC/14 or From 07/JAN/15 Through 14/JUN/15 To Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 19/SEP/14 Through 17/DEC/14 or From 16/FEB/15 Through 14/JUN/15
- Fares subject to change without previous notice. Seats are limited.
- A September 11th Security Fee of 5.60 USD per one-way trip originating at a U.S. airport is included in the fare.
- Other restrictions may apply.