Children and babies on board
Children can also fly with LAN. They can travel alone or accompanied by an adult.
Children traveling with an adult
Minors up to the age of four must travel with a legal adult on the same airplane. Between the ages of five and eleven, they can travel with passengers aged between twelve and seventeen, who may be responsible for only one minor. Review the conditions that apply to minors traveling alone.
Are you traveling with a newborn?
If your child is between 1 and 7 days old, he or she will require medical certification in order to fly.
Are you traveling with a child aged under two?
Each adult can share his or her seat with a baby, paying a percentage of the fare plus boarding fees and taxes. For domestic flights within Chile, you pay only boarding fees and taxes.
- If you are traveling with two babies, you will need an additional seat for their safety and must pay the fare for one child.
- If the baby is traveling with an assigned seat, he or she will require a seat that is certified for use on an airplane or an ACSD safety device. Both of these items must be provided by the passenger.
- Babies and children travelling in Premium Business pay the adult fare.
- Your baby may be safer and more comfortable in a bassinet.
- To be eligible for this service, your baby must not weigh more than 10 kg and must be less than 71 cm long.
- Available only for passengers traveling on Economy class.
- This service is offered on the Boeing 767, the Boeing 787, and on the Airbus 340.
- Request it as you make your reservation or up to 48 hours before your flight with our Contact Center or at any LAN Sales Office.
- The adult will be assigned a front row seat for comfort with the bassinet.
- If more than one adult is traveling with a baby, seat reservations will be made according to the available space in other rows of the plane and you must do it through our LAN Sales Office or Contact Center, provided your support advance reservation fee seating. Otherwise, it must be paid at check-in LAN.com.
Food for children
On international routes, LAN offers alternatives for your child. You can request this service from our Contact Center at least 24 working hours before your flight. This service is not available on routes that only offer snacks (domestic flights or flights within South America), or for children aged under 2 years.