Children and babies on board
Children can also fly with LAN. They can travel alone or accompanied by an adult.
Children traveling alone
LAN offers the Unaccompanied Minor service (UM), which ensures that children reach their destination safely. LAN staff will take care of them throughout the journey, including stopovers, and will hand them over to the person responsible at the end of the journey.
Who is eligible for the service?
Children aged 5-11
May travel alone as long as parents or legal guardians arrange for the Unaccompanied Minor service.
Children aged 12-17
May travel alone. If parents or legal guardians so wish, they may arrange for this service on an optional basis. On flights from, to, or via Ecuador, this service is available only for children up to age 14.
Do you need the Unaccompanied Minor service?
- It is important that you buy your ticket only when the service has been confirmed.
- The child's guardian must present him or herself at the check-in desk, complete the Transport of Minors Form and wait for the departure of the flight with the child.
- Remember that the child cannot use the service if he or she has any particular medical requirement.
- Disabled children can opt for the service provided that they can move themselves in the event of an evacuation and respond to safety instructions.
- Children must be able to feed themselves and meet their basic hygiene needs.
- The service is only available on itineraries involving flights operated by LAN (excluding codeshare flights). If your itinerary includes a layover between LAN flights, the minor can only travel alone if the layover does not exceed four hours.
- If your itinerary includes connections from/to another airline, you will not be able to use the service.
- You can cancel the service at no extra charge.
How much does this service cost?
- Domestic routes in Chile, Peru, Argentina and Ecuador: US$15 per flight.
- Colombia domestic route: $33,000 Colombian Pesos (approximately US$17).
- International routes: US$100.
These prices may be subject to taxes in your country of origin. If you require any further information, please contact our Contact Center.