Help us make your flight as comfortable as possible. At LAN we offer solutions for various medical needs. Request them in advance at our Contact Center or LAN offices.
If you have a health condition that requires special attention, you must inform us so that we can evaluate the conditions under which you can fly. Ask your doctor to fill in the form, or, if you prefer, to give you a medical certificate containing the following information:
- Personal details of the patient and the treating doctor.
- Detail of the diagnosis.
- Declaration in which it is clearly stated whether the patient is in an adequate condition to fly.
- In the case of contagious illnesses, the certificate must indicate that there is no risk to the other passengers on board.
- Specify any services needed during the journey.
Upon submission, the document must be no more than 10 days old, and, in the case of severe mental disorders, no more than 7 days old. The certificate is subject to evaluation by the LAN medical team.
Where do I go to submit it?
The Medical Certificate must be an original (not a photocopy) and must be submitted to Sales Offices and/or the Contact Center at least 48 working hours before the flight, except in the case of all LAN Colombia flights, for which it must be delivered 12 working hours before the flight.
Are you still not sure if you need Medical Certification?
You must show one if :
- You need a stretcher, oxygen or an incubator.
- You are 32 weeks pregnant or more.
- You are less than 32 weeks pregnant with complications.
- You are traveling with a newborn baby up to 7 days old.
- You are traveling with a baby that requires oxygen or monitoring of any kind.
- You have had surgery within the last 10 days.
- If you are suffering from cancer or any other terminal illness.
- You are accompanying a passenger with a high-risk mental or psychological disability.
- You have a contagious disease.