Discover the Wonders of South America
Embark on the travel experience of a lifetime for journey that can be found Only in South America. Now it is easier than ever to visit multiple iconic South American destinations in one trip including Cuzco and Machu Picchu in Peru, Iguazu Falls in Brazil, Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, and the majestic moai of Easter Island in Chile. Take advantage of these great offers and travel with LAN from Miami, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco to one of the South American Wonders or visit them all with the South American Airpass.
Fares include the following taxes, Airport passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to USD $18 roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of 2.50 USD per enplanement at a U.S. airport; Other government taxes and fees of up to 140.00 USD based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase. Optional Services and Fees.View our checked baggage policy and fees.
Easter Island (Rapa Nui)
Easter Island or Rapa Nui is located some 3800 kilometers (2361 miles) west of the Chilean coast, deep in the Pacific Ocean. Geographically, it sits south of the Tropic of Capricorn and is the easternmost of all Polynesian Islands. The island's surface measures 164 square kilometers (63 sq. mi.), and is home to over 3800 residents.
The island's capital and only settlement is Hanga Roa, located on the southwest side. The island is also called "the navel of the world" and offers an excellent climate, lovely beaches and an aura of mystery that remains unexplained. Archeologists and paleontologists have worked for years to unravel (among other things) the secrets of the Easter Island statues known as moais.
In addition to cave engravings and ceremonial sites, the moais are the only remaining vestiges of the ancient Rapa Nui people, a detail that has fueled ample Easter Island mythology through the years. One legend explains that Easter Island was formed by the god Make-Make which gave rise to the Tangata-Manu (birdman) cult.
Offers to Easter Island
- Flights operated by: Lan.
- Fare applicable to fly Economy.
- Required booking class N.
- Minimum stay at the destination: 7 days.
- Maximum stay at the destination: 3 months.
- Sales restrictions: Ticket must be purchased on or before December 31, 2014.
- Travel permitted for flight departure the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Travel permitted for flight return the day(s) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Advance purchase: Ticket must be purchased at least 28 days before departure.
- Child fare (2-11 years): Accompanied 75% of an adult fare.
- Infant fare (0-2 years): Without a seat 10% of an adult fare.
- Changes are permitted with a penalty of US$ 150 on or before date of flight departure.
- After flight departure day change is permitted with US$ 200 penalty.
- Refund requests are permitted within 24 hours after the ticket is purchased.
- Refunds are not permitted after date of flight departure.
- From Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 01/SEP/14 Through 18/SEP/14 or From 24/SEP/14 Through 05/DEC/14 or From 24/DEC/14 Through 31/MAY/15 To Miami fare allows travel in the following dates: From 01/SEP/14 Through 10/SEP/14 or From 18/SEP/14 Through 14/DEC/14 or From 13/JAN/15 Through 31/MAY/15
- From Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 14/DEC/11 Through 23/DEC/11.To Miami Travel is not permitted in the following dates: From 01/JAN/13 Through 14/JAN/13.
- Government taxes and fees of up to USD 115 , varying by destination, are included and may vary slightly depending on currency exchange rates at the time of purchase.
- Fares subject to change without previous notice. Seats are limited.
- A September 11th Security Fee of 5.60 USD per one-way trip originating at a U.S. airport is included in the fare.
- Other restrictions may apply.