LANPASS Frequently Asked Questions
1. Earning kms.The number of kms. you earn depends on three things:LANPASS considers 800 kms. flown on LAN and affiliated airline flights as the minimum distance required to earn kms., although the distance flown may be less(1). A percentage is applied to the kms. earned, according to the corresponding fare paid.
(1)The minimum for earning kms. is not valid for LAN flights in Ecuador, where the minimum distance flown for kms. to be earned is 600 kms.
Note: Minimum accumulation is only for fares for which kms. can be earned. For more details about restrictions for earning kms. on oneworld and affiliated airlines, see here.Yes, every flight earns LANPASS KMS., with the exception of promotions that indicate the contrary in their terms and conditions.Members can also earn kms. using the services of companies associated with our LANPASS program:
- Using credit cards associated with the program.
- Staying in hotels and resorts and going on cruises that have agreements with LANPASS.
- Renting cars in Chile and abroad with companies that belong to the program.
- Making purchases in companies associated with the program.
Find out about all the ways to earn LANPASS KMS.To make sure your kms. are automatically credited to your account, indicate your frequent flyer number when you make your reservation and/or purchase your flights. Remember to always give your name in the same format as it is registered with LANPASS. You can also ask for your kms. to be credited when you check in at the airport counter.
These kms. will appear in your account within 48 hours of your flight.
If you forgot to give your LANPASS membership number when you purchased your flight or at the airport counter, you can ask for your kms. to be credited through LAN.com, or our Contact Center for an extra charge.
Note: The kms. will be credited to the account of the person who traveled.If you forgot to give your LANPASS membership number when you purchased your flight or at the airport counter, you can ask for your kms. to be credited through LAN.com.
If you've already done this but your kms. haven't appeared in your account, please call our Contact Center to request the kms. be credited for an extra charge.Yes, you can earn kms. on oneworld or LAN-affiliated airlines.
There are specific restrictions for each airline. Find out about the restrictions for earning kms. with our affiliated airlines.
These kms. will appear in your statement within 30 days of your flight.LANPASS KMS. earned on flights sold and operated by LAN will appear in your statement within 48 hours of your flight.
LANPASS KMS. earned on affiliated airline flights (both oneworld and other airlines affiliated with LANPASS) will appear in your account within 30 days of your flight.
2. Expiration of kms.The kms. earned for flights last for 36 months from the time they are earned. Kms. earned in associated companies last for three calendar years. Regardless, if you fly in LAN or TAM and earn one or more kilometers for this flight, ALL your kms. (from both flights and associated companies) are automatically renewed for 36 more months.
3. Checking your statementEvery month you'll receive the LANPASS e-newsletter, including your statement. Remember to keep your contact email up-to-date.
You can also check your balance at our LAN.com site, entering your username and password.