LAN announces update to sales and check-in system
SANTIAGO, Chile - August 24, 2012. LAN Airlines announced today that its sales and check-in system will be undergoing a comprehensive update September 7 – 8, 2012 with the purpose of being at the forefront of technology and ensuring the best quality of service for our passengers.
This process entails a global software transition throughout the Company at all its points of sale including airports, travel agencies, sales offices, and LAN.com.
This means that some of the services and sales channels that our passengers normally use will be temporarily interrupted and unavailable. Services that will be temporarily affected include reservations, sales, ticket exchange and check-in through LAN.com, contact centers and sales offices.
LAN is dedicated to implementing the update as quickly and efficiently as possible and is committed to providing passengers with our signature quality service during this period of time.
In order to help avoid any unnecessary inconvenience during this process, we encourage passengers to follow a few easy preventative measures:
- Be at the airport at the check-in time indicated in your boarding pass, that is, 2 hours before departure for domestic flights (within South America), and 4 hours before departure for international flights.
- Pre-check-in through our website (www.LAN.com) no earlier than 48 hours, and no later than 2 hours before the flight
- If it is not possible to complete pre-check-in before going to the airport, please print out a copy of your e-ticket with your record locator number and take it with you to present at check-in.
FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELING BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 7 - 8
- Between 2:00 p.m. on September 7 and approximately 3:00 p.m. on September 8 (EST) the following will not be available; Web pre-check-in service on lan.com, ticket purchase, redemption of LANPASS prizes, upgrade request to superior class with coupons, change or pay for reservations or tickets at LAN.com, contact centers, travel agencies and LAN Sales offices. We kindly ask passengers traveling with us on September 7 and 8, to take the necessary steps outlined above.
FOR PASSENGERS TRAVELING ON SEPTEMBER 9
- Additionally, we kindly ask passengers traveling on September 9 to check-in at www.LAN.com starting at 12:00 p.m., September 8, not before.
- Passengers traveling September 7 - 9 who want to use their upgrade coupons should do so directly at the airport (this service will not be possible through LAN.com).
PASSENGERS TRAVELING TO/FROM THE UNITED STATES
- Please arrive four hours before departure.