Situation in Ecuador
Quito, 30th September, 2010.
Given the pronunciation by the Ecuadoran General Aviation Department, LAN ECUADOR reports that - for the moment - flights to and from the Mariscal Sucre International Airport in Quito are suspended. While the airport In Guayaquil is not closed, the passenger check-in process is not being carried out
Given this situation we are increasing the security measures in our facilities and we have ordered the closure of all of the company´s sales points located in the cities of Guayaquil, Quito, Cuenca and Galapagos for this reason.
Passengers with tickets to/from UIO whose flights are between today and Sunday, October 3 may request a date/flight change without paying a fine, subject to cabin availability, for journeys starting up to October 30, 2010. Changes for subsequent dates before December 10, 2010 will not be subject to a fine, but will be subject to class availability or payment of the fare difference. All the ticket’s other regulations must be honored.
For tickets which also include flights with other companies, changes are available subject to availability of the fare class.
A change of route, without paying a fine, paying the fare differences that apply.
For flights canceled between the previously mentioned dates, an involuntary refund will be offered for the canceled flight coupons once the journey is completed and while the ticket is valid. Passengers can still use subsequent coupons as long as they are used in their respective order.
- Flight XL1446 SCL GYE UIO on September 30 will operate on Friday, October 1 at 10:30 local time Santiago.
- Flight XL516 UIO MIA on September 30 has been canceled. Passengers are protected by commercial policy.
- Flight LA1733 MAD GYE on September 30 will operate at 06:00 local time Madrid on October 1.
- Flight XL538 GYE JFK on September 30 will operate as a transfer at 22:15 hrs without passengers, in order to pick up NYC GYE passengers.
- Flight LA1734 GYE MAD on September 30 is on standby until GYE airport opens, with new information for passengers being issued at 23:00 local time in GYE..
LAN ECUADOR laments the inconveniences that these circumstances, which are beyond its control, cause to its passengers, and it informs them that it is providing every facility so they can change their tickets. The company will inform the reestablishment of flights via www.lan.com once public order has been restored. Likewise, passengers needing to make consultations can get in touch with us at the phone number 1-866- I FLY LAN