Terms and Conditions
LAN.com ticket refund request form
NOTE: Your ticket refund depends on whether the conditions of the fare you purchased allow it. You always have the right to a refund of the fees and taxes paid for unused services.
How can I request a refund?
- The ticket refund request must be made by the passenger.
- The refund will be processed according to the information you enter in the form and so LAN cannot be held responsible for any problems as a result of mistakes or inconsistencies in the information provided.
- Refunds can only be requested 72 hours or more after your ticket was issued and will be processed the following working day. At this time, your ticket will become unusable and your booking canceled.
- Involuntary refunds given, for example, for flight cancelations, death, schedule changes or lost or duplicated tickets should be requested through our sales offices or Contact Center, since they require special authorization to override fare regulations. If you request this kind of refund through LAN.com, it will not be given special consideration and the calculation of the amount to be refunded will depend on the corresponding fare regulations.
- The LAN.com refund request service is not available for tickets paid for by companies. These should be requested through our specialist company Contact Center.
- The LAN.com refund service is only available for tickets for adult passengers. Please request refunds for child and infant tickets through one of our sales offices or Contact Center.
- To process your refund, the ticket or partial ticket must be unused.
- This service is only available for valid tickets issued through sales offices, our Contact Center or LAN.com. Refunds for tickets issued by travel agencies should be requested through the same agency where they were purchased. Only a refund of the applicable fees and taxes will be processed if your ticket has expired.
- Passengers who have checked-in at LAN.com should cancel their Check-in before requesting a refund.
- If you paid for your ticket using another one for which refunds are not permitted and which was provided in part payment, this will be discounted from the final amount to be refunded as well as any applicable fines.
Tickets with additional services
- For flights that are part of package holidays and/or include travel insurance, all refunds should be requested at the same time through our sales offices or Contact Center. Refunds of package holidays are subject to a fine of 2% of the price paid for the program. Travel insurance refunds are not subject to a fine but should be requested more than 24 hours before the flight’s departure, otherwise refunds are not allowed.
Tickets redeemed using LANPASS kms., paid for using Travel Vouchers or that are partially used
a) LANPASS KMS.:
- Refunds can be requested up to the very day of the flight's departure, paying a charge in kilometers. The ticket must be valid, completely unused and the kms. redeemed must not have expired
- Kilometers that have not expired will be credited to your LANPASS account.
- Charges table for reward refunds: The range of kms. is per reward, not for the total number of kms. of all the rewards to be refunded.
RANGE OF REWARD(S) TO BE REFUNDED
1 - 15,000 kms.
15,001 - 30,000 kms.
30,001 - 50,000 kms.
50,001 - 70,000 kms.
70,001 - 300,000 kms.
300,001 or more kms.
|Table valid for flights with LAN, oneworld alliance Airlines and affiliated airlines.|
b ) Travel Vouchers
- Refunds of tickets paid for using Travel Vouchers are subject to the conditions of the contracted fare and their value calculated taking into consideration both the portion paid for using the Travel Voucher and the amount redeemed in cash, as well as the balance, according to current refund policies
c ) Partially Used
- If your ticket has been paid for using a ticket provided in part payment for which refunds are not allowed, the value of this ticket, as well as any applicable fines, will be discounted from the final amount of the refund.
Refunds of fees and taxes
- Even if you fare is non-refundable, you have the right to request a refund of any unused applicable fees and taxes. Fuel surcharges are part of the fare, so are subject to the regulations of the purchased fare, except for tickets issued in Colombia, where fuel surcharges are refundable, irrespective of the fare regulations of the ticket purchased.
- The administration fee for the ticket’s issue (the service charge) is non-refundable.
Timeframes according to payment method
- All voluntary refunds are carried out according to the fare regulations and refunded in the same way as the original ticket was paid for. If you used more than one payment method, you should request your refund at any sales office or by calling our Contact Center.
- The normal credit card refund process takes between 15 and 45 working days, depending on the country. However, due to credit card billing periods, the passenger may receive their refund (as an unbilled movement), even though it does not appear on their credit card statement until the following month or the one after that. For some banks, the refund appears in the statement of the same month in which the purchase was made.
- If the ticket was purchased using cash, a check, in person or by debit card, the refund will be made by check or bank transfer in a maximum of 15 working days, depending on the country.
- All refund requests are subject to audit and final approval by the Refund Department.