The Travel Voucher is a document that you can exchange for LAN services or for money. The Travel Voucher is valid for exchange for twelve months after the date it is issued.
How can I exchange my Travel Voucher?
- Accredited to your Credit Card.
- Western Union*
Exchange for LAN Services:**
- Ticket purchase.
- Paying excess baggage fees.
- Paying penalty fees or differences between fares.
Where can I exchange my Travel Voucher?
- Via the LAN Contact Center.
- At LAN.com to purchase tickets.
- At LAN.com in step 4 of the ticket purchasing process.
Terms and conditions of use
General use of the service
- The Travel Voucher can be exchanged for LAN services or for money. These options are mutually exclusive.
- The voucher holder has twelve months from the date the voucher is issued to decide on an option and realize the exchange.
- The voucher holder can exchange the voucher for services to be used by a third party. If the exchange is to be made via the Contact Center, it can only be done for and by the voucher holder.
- This document carries no commercial value and you do not need to provide it in order to make the exchange.
- Travel Vouchers issued in the name of a minor can be exchanged by the minor’s parents or another adult by simply presenting the minor’s ID document or the official family record book.
*For exchanges made through Western Union:
- Once the Travel Voucher has been issued, the passenger has two months to collect the money.
- This form of exchange is only available to legal adults.
- This service does not apply in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Brazil, Cuba or Venezuela. In Colombia, the trade through Western Union is temporarily suspended.
** For Service Exchanges:
- Does not apply to LAN flights operated by another airline.
- In the event of that the holder wishes to exchange the voucher for a service or services that exceed the voucher’s value, the difference can be paid using all forms of payment accepted by LAN. There will be no refunding of any difference resulting from the service being of a lesser value than that of the Travel Voucher.
- The ticket purchase service is applicable in all countries where there are LAN offices, as well as in Sydney, Auckland and Bogotá.
- You cannot make an exchange for services via an office in Austria, Canada, Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, South Korea, Panama, Portugal and Taiwan.