LAN resumes operations in the south of Chile
Friday, June 24th 2011, last updated at 12:00 local time in Santiago, Chile.
Note: if the information provided here has not been modified since the last report it is because there is no new information available.
LAN informs that current conditions have allowed flights to and from the cities of Concepcion, Temuco, Valdivia, Puerto Montt, Balmaceda and Punta Arenas, which were affected yesterday by the ash cloud, to go back to normal.
Passengers with tickets for these cities can check their flight details and departure time in the table below.
Also, due to movement of the ash from the Cordon Caulle mountain range currently over Auckland airport, our flights to Sydney, which have a stopover in Auckland, are being affected.
On Tuesday 21, a new special flight operated from Santiago to Sydney via Papeete and two more are planned, one tomorrow, Thursday 23, and the other on Saturday 25, after which the normal Santiago-Auckland-Sydney flight will be resumed on Tuesday 28, meteorological conditions permitting.
On the other hand, some domestic destinations in Argentina (Bariloche, Neuquen and Comodoro Rivadavia), are still being affected by the ash.
LAN regrets the inconvenience that this situation, which is completely out of its control, has caused and is making a great effort to provide solutions for affected passengers.
To find out about affected flights and special flights, we are asking passengers to check this section, which will be kept permanently updated:
- See details of affected international flights
- See details of affected domestic flights in Argentina
- See details of affected domestic flights in Chile
- See details of special flights to and from Australia
The company is constantly monitoring developments in the meteorological conditions and is periodically informing its clients about the status of its flights.
For the latest information of your flight we suggest you review our Flight status service before heading to the airport.
To respond to all the clients whose flights have been affected more efficiently, the company has implemented a new Reschedule your flight tool, so that those passengers who need to change their itinerary and find out about the status of their flights can do so directly through this platform.
The company is providing all possible commercial assistance in this situation, which in itself is beyond its control. For this reason, passengers on affected flights may choose from the following alternatives, as long as these changes are requested and processed no more than 30 days after the original travel date:
- A date change: You may reschedule your trip up to July 11 for domestic flights and September 14 for international flights, for the next LAN flight with space available. On later dates, a fine will not apply, but if there are only higher fares available for the flight you choose, you must pay the difference.
- A route change: You may change your trip to another LAN destination. No fines apply, but you must pay any differences in fares.
- See details of current commercial procedures
Passengers who need to regularize their situation can do so calling our Contact Center, available 24 hours a day.
- Chile: 600 526 2000
- Peru: 213 8200
- Argentina: 0810 9999 526
- Australia: 1800 558 129
- United States: 1-866- 435 95 26
- Europe: (44) 800 9776100