LAN informs the status of its flights due to the cloud of volcanic ash
Monday 27 June, 2011; information updated at 08:00 local time, Santiago, Chile
Note: If information provided here has not been modified since the last update, this is because there are no new occurrences to report.
As prevailing meteorological conditions have caused the ash cloud from the Cordón Caulle eruption to drift towards southern Chile, LAN has been forced to cancel all flights on Sunday 26, to and from the cities of Concepción and Temuco. With regard to flight operations for tomorrow, Tuesday 27 June, it should be noted that scheduled morning flights to and from the cities of Concepción and Temuco have been also cancelled. (see table below with details of canceled flights).
The company also informs that in Argentina flights to and from Ezeiza and Aeroparque airports - both in the city of Buenos Aires- are operating normally, while flights to Neuquén and Bariloche are canceled.
With regard to flights to Australia. On Saturday June 25th we operated a special flight from Santiago to Sydney via Papeete and another is planned for Tuesday June 28.
LAN is also constantly monitoring these events, and shall inform passengers whose flights are affected – providing them with rebooking options for later flights once operations are resumed.
LAN maintains a firm commitment to upholding the highest standards in matters of safety, and regrets the inconvenience caused to passengers by this situation, which is entirely beyond its control.
To find out about affected flights and special flights, we are asking passengers to check this section, which will be kept permanently updated:
- See details of affected international flights
- See details of affected domestic flights in Argentina
- See details of affected domestic flights in Chile
- See details of special flights to and from Australia
For the latest information of your flight we suggest you review our Flight status service before heading to the airport.
To respond to all the clients whose flights have been affected more efficiently, the company has implemented a new Reschedule your flight tool, so that those passengers who need to change their itinerary and find out about the status of their flights can do so directly through this platform.
The company is providing all possible commercial assistance in this situation, which in itself is beyond its control. For this reason, passengers on affected flights may choose from the following alternatives, as long as these changes are requested and processed no more than 30 days after the original travel date:
- A date change: You may reschedule your trip up to July 11 for domestic flights and September 14 for international flights, for the next LAN flight with space available. On later dates, a fine will not apply, but if there are only higher fares available for the flight you choose, you must pay the difference.
- A route change: You may change your trip to another LAN destination. No fines apply, but you must pay any differences in fares.
- See details of current commercial procedures
Passengers who need to regularize their situation can do so calling our Contact Center, available 24 hours a day.
- Chile: 600 526 2000
- Peru: 213 8200
- Argentina: 0810 9999 526
- Australia: 1800 558 129
- United States: 1-866- 435 95 26
- Europe: (44) 800 9776100