LAN informs the status of its flights to/from Buenos Aires and southern Chilen
Sunday 3th July, 2011; information updated at 10:45 local time, Santiago, Chile
Note: If information provided here has not been modified since the last update, this is because there are no new occurrences to report. If a destination and/or flight is not mentioned in this press release, then this means that it is operating normally.
LAN informs that current climatic conditions have allowed for normal flights on the Santiago - Buenos Aires route to be resumed as of Saturday, July 2.
Regarding operations in southern Chile and due to the ongoing movement of the ash cloud, the company has had to cancel its flights to Osorno, Valdivia until sunday 3th July at 11:00 am, and to Temuco at 11:30 am, local time Santiago.
LAN recommends that passengers with flights to these destinations tomorrow check the status of their flight at LAN.com.
Regarding our flights to Oceania, a special flight to Sydney via Papeete will operate on Sunday, July 3, climatic conditions permitting.
LAN reiterates its commitment to maintaining the highest safety standards and regrets the inconvenience that this situation, which is completely out of its control, has caused passengers.
LAN is constantly monitoring events and will inform passengers whose flights have been affected, giving them seats on subsequent flights once operations are resumed.
To find out about affected flights and special flights, we are asking passengers to check this section, which will be kept permanently updated:
- See details of affected international flights
- See details of affected domestic flights in Argentina
- See details of affected domestic flights in Chile
- See details of special flights to and from Australia
For the latest information of your flight we suggest you review our Flight status service before heading to the airport.
To respond to all the clients whose flights have been affected more efficiently, the company has implemented a new Reschedule your flight tool, so that those passengers who need to change their itinerary and find out about the status of their flights can do so directly through this platform.
The company is providing all possible commercial assistance in this situation, which in itself is beyond its control. For this reason, passengers on affected flights may choose from the following alternatives, as long as these changes are requested and processed no more than 30 days after the original travel date:
- A date change: You may reschedule your trip up to July 11 for domestic flights and September 14 for international flights, for the next LAN flight with space available. On later dates, a fine will not apply, but if there are only higher fares available for the flight you choose, you must pay the difference.
- A route change: You may change your trip to another LAN destination. No fines apply, but you must pay any differences in fares.
- See details of current commercial procedures
Passengers who need to regularize their situation can do so calling our Contact Center, available 24 hours a day.
- Chile: 600 526 2000
- Peru: 213 8200
- Argentina: 0810 9999 526
- Australia: 1800 558 129
- United States: 1-866- 435 95 26
- Europe: (44) 800 9776100