LANPASS Frequently Asked Questions
- Earning Kms.
- Redeeming Kms.
- Elite categories
- oneworld and affiliated airlines
- LANPASS Services at LAN.com
1. Redeeming KilometersThere are several ways to redeem your LANPASS KMS.:Yes, this is only allowed between LANPASS members. A fee of US$ 7 for every 1,000 kms. transferred must be paid, with a minimum of 2,000 kms. and a maximum of 100,000 kms. Note:
- To carry out the transfer, you must own one of the following credit cards and be able to make purchases abroad: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover or Diner's Club.
- The cost for the transfer will be charged in dollars and will appear on your credit card statement as “LANPASS Transfer Kms.”
- The transferred kilometers will appear in the account of the person due to receive them three working days after the transfer is carried out.
2. Redeeming kms. to fly with LAN, oneworld and and affiliated airlinesThe quickest and most convenient way to redeem a flight with LAN is at LAN.com, using the Flexible Redemption service.
You can also redeem a flight through our Contact Center or LAN Offices, paying the corresponding service charge. If you redeem kms. through a travel agent, you’ll have to pay the service charge they apply.If the destination you’re interested in isn’t available through the Online Flexible Redemption option, please call our Contact Center to redeem your flight.The number of kms. you need depends on the destination and cabin class in which you want to fly. To find out how many kms. you need for your flight, see here.The LAN leg is calculated using the Flexible Rewards Table and the leg on the affiliated airline is calculated using the oneworld Rewards Table. The number of kms. you need to redeem a flight with a leg on another airline is equivalent to the sum of the two previously mentioned legs.
If the journey doesn’t involve any LAN flights, the number of kms. is calculated by adding together the legs using the oneworld Rewards Table.No, the ticket must be issued immediately.Yes.No, the ticket is nominal and non-transferable.No.Yes, you can buy LANPASS KMS. through LAN.com. Each kilometer costs 2 US cents (1 km.= US$ 0.02). A minimum of 1,500 kms. and a maximum of 100,000 kms. can be purchased during twelve consecutive months.
- Find out how many kms. you still need in our Rewards Table.
- Purchase the kms. you need.
- Redeem your kms. at LAN.com.
Flights redeemed using LANPASS KMS. can be changed when the ticket's conditions allow it.
- You can only purchase kms. through LAN.com paying by credit card.
- Refunds are not allowed.
- The purchased kms. are valid for three calendar years from the date of purchase.
- The purchase of kms. does not extend the validity of previously earned kilometers.
- Purchased kilometers cannot be used to classify for a LANPASS member category or to change from one category to another.
When permitted, this can be done at no extra charge through LAN.com (date changes only and for flights of the same or lesser value) or for an extra charge through our Contact Center or any LAN office.
The following applies for tickets to be changed:
Tickets purchased using LANPASS KMS. can be refunded when the ticket’s conditions allow it, paying an extra charge which will vary depending on the award and based on the information published at LAN.com. Returns may be requested at the Contact Center or LAN offices. The kms. that have not expired will be credited to the member’s LANPASS account.
- If the change requires more kilometers, the difference will be discounted from the same account used to redeem the original ticket. Such changes are only available for flights operated and sold by LAN.
- If fewer kms. are needed, the difference is not refundable. If a subsequent change is requested and requires the same number of kms. as those used to redeem the original ticket, the difference can be used for this subsequent new ticket.
- At LAN offices and our Contact Center, the request must be made on or before the day of travel.
- The ticket must be unused and valid.
To get a refund for a ticket purchased using kms., the following conditions must be complied with:
- The ticket’s conditions must allow it.
- The ticket must be unused and valid.
- The request must be made on or before the day of travel.
- The kms. used must not be expired.