LAN renews its sales and online check-in system
24 August 2012.- LAN AIRLINES informs that next 7 and 8 September it will be completely renewing its ticket sales and check-in system, to remain at the technological forefront and ensure its passengers quality of service in the future.
This process involves a complete transition of software in the company, at all sales outlets at both airports and travel agencies, and in sales offices and at LAN.com.
This will means the temporary suspension of some services and sales channels the company’s passengers are accustomed to use, including reservations, sales, ticket changes and check-in at LAN.com, the contact center and sales offices.
We are as a company taking all necessary precautions, informing our passengers and clients through all our channels to take the following preventive measures:
To comply with airport arrival times indicated on your boarding pass, 2 hours ahead for domestic flights and 4 hours for international flights.
- We recommend that passengers check in on our website (www.LAN.com) from 48 hours until 2 hours before the flight, and print their boarding pass.
- Passengers not checking in before going to the airport must bring a copy of their Sale Voucher, or their Reservation Code.
PASSENGERS FLYING ON 7 AND 8 SEPTEMBER
- Between 20.00 h. on 7 September and approximately 20.00 h. on 8 September (Spanish time), the online check-in service, ticket purchase, exchange of LANPASS prizes, Upgrade request using coupons, exchange or payment of ticket reservations at LAN.com, the contact center, travel agencies and LAN offices will not be available. You are therefore asked, if you must travel on 7 and 8 September, to check in online with the due time in advance.
PASSENGERS FLYING ON 9 SEPTEMBER
- If you are flying on 9 September, you are also asked to check in at www.LAN.com from 20.00 hours on 8 September and not before.
PASSENGERS FLYING WITH UPGRADE COUPONS
- Passengers flying on 7, 8 or 9 September wishing to use their upgrade coupons must ask to do this directly at the airport (it will not be possible at LAN.com).
PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TO/FROM THE UNITED STATES
- Please arrive four hours ahead of your flight time.
LAN Airlines regrets any inconveniences this situation may cause to its passengers. The company is working to make this changeover as quickly as possible and for service to its passengers to continue as normal during this period.