The Travel Voucher is a document that you can exchange for LAN services or for money. The Travel Voucher is valid for exchange for twelve months after the date it is issued.
Check the status of your Travel Voucher by coupon number or airport at which it was issued.
How can I exchange my Travel Voucher?
- Accredited to your Credit Card.
- Western Union*
Exchange for LAN Services:**
- Ticket purchase.
- Paying excess baggage fees.
- Paying penalty fees or differences between fares.
Where can I exchange my Travel Voucher?
- Via the LAN Contact Center.
- At LAN.com to purchase tickets.
- At LAN.com in step 4 of the ticket purchasing process.
Terms and conditions of use
General use of the service
- The Travel Voucher can be exchanged for LAN services or for money. These options are mutually exclusive.
- If the exchange for LAN services is chosen, the value of the Travel Voucher only covers the payment of the net rate. Payment of taxes and fees must be made with other means of payment.
- The voucher holder has twelve months from the date the voucher is issued to decide on an option and realize the exchange.
- The voucher holder can exchange the voucher for services to be used by a third party. If redeemed through the Contact Center, this may only be done for the holder, except for the markets of Europe, United States and Canada.
- This document carries no commercial value and you do not need to provide it in order to make the exchange.
- Travel Vouchers issued in the name of a minor can be exchanged by the minor’s parents or another adult by simply presenting the minor’s ID document or the official family record book.
- Involuntary Returns of tickets paid Travel Voucher: Cash will be refunded half of the total amount paid Travel Voucher, plus total unused taxes and fees. Part of the fees paid to other means of payment will be refunded in full, with the same means of payment used.
- Voluntary Returns of tickets paid Travel Voucher:
a) If the fare allows refund: the amount of the fee paid Travel Voucher is not returned, but will be refunded part of the fees paid to other means of payment, plus total unused taxes and fees.
b) If the rate does not allow return: only you will be refunded the total unused taxes and fees.
*For exchanges made through Western Union:
- Once the Travel Voucher has been issued, the passenger has two months to collect the money.
- This form of exchange is only available to legal adults.
- This service does not apply in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Brazil, Cuba or Venezuela. In Colombia, the trade through Western Union is temporarily suspended.
** For Service Exchanges:
- Does not apply to LAN flights operated by another airline.
- In the event of that the holder wishes to exchange the voucher for a service or services that exceed the voucher’s value, the difference can be paid using all forms of payment accepted by LAN. There will be no refunding of any difference resulting from the service being of a lesser value than that of the Travel Voucher.
- The ticket purchase service is applicable in all countries where there are LAN offices, as well as in Sydney, Auckland and Bogotá.
- You cannot make an exchange for services via an office in Austria, Canada, Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, South Korea, Panama, Portugal and Taiwan.