Help us make your flight as comfortable as possible. At LAN we offer solutions for various needs. Request them in advance at our Contact Center or LAN offices.
If you have a health condition or any other condition that requires special attention, you must contact us at least 48 hours before the departure of your flight so that we can evaluate the conditions under which you may fly. Ask your doctor to fill out the MEDIF form or, if you prefer, present a medical certificate that contains the following information:
- Personal details of the patient and the treating doctor.
- Detail of the diagnosis.
- Declaration in which it is clearly stated whether the patient is in an adequate condition to fly.
- If the passenger needs medical oxygen administration equipment, you must indicate the flow rate (max. 6 Lts/min).
- In the case of contagious illnesses, the certificate must indicate that there is no risk to the other passengers on board.
- Specify any services needed during the journey.
If you are traveling from Peru or your flight has a layover in this country, your medical certificate must also clearly and precisely indicate the following:
- If the passenger can use the airplane seat normally and keep their seat back upright when required.
- If the passenger is self-sufficient (feed themselves, use the bathroom, etc.)
- If the passenger requires medication that cannot be self-administered and/or the use of special medical equipment such as respirators.
- If the passenger requires hospitalization.
Upon submission, the document must be no more than 10 days old, and, in the case of severe mental disorders, no more than 7 days old. The certificate is subject to evaluation by the LAN medical team.
Where do I go to submit it?
The Medical Certificate must be an original (not a photocopy) and must be submitted to Sales Offices and/or the Contact Center at least 48 working hours before the flight, except in the case of all LAN Colombia flights, for which it must be delivered 12 working hours before the flight.
Are you still not sure if you need Medical Certification?
You must submit it, for example, in the following cases:
- You need a stretcher, oxygen or an incubator.
- You are traveling with a newborn baby up to 7 days old.
- You are traveling with a baby that requires oxygen or monitoring of any kind.
- If you are suffering from cancer or any other terminal illness.
- You are accompanying a passenger with a high-risk mental or psychological disability.
- You have a contagious disease.
- Disabled individuals and those with reduced mobility do not need to show proof of disability or reduced mobility (whether medical or of any other kind) to justify the requested assistance. However, in cases in which the passenger’s health condition is such that there are reasonable doubts as to whether he or she can complete the flight safely and without help, the company can request additional information to determine whether the passenger is able to take the flight.
- If you are between 28 and 35 weeks pregnant, you only need a medical certificate from your doctor.
- You are less than 32 weeks pregnant with complications.
- If you are more than 36 weeks pregnant, you also need a MEDIF certificate.
- If you are traveling from Columbia and are 30 or more weeks pregnant, you need a MEDIF certificate.
- You had surgery within the last 10 days.
If you are traveling within Peru or your flight has a layover in this country, you must also submit the MEDIF certificate in the following cases:
- At and after week 32 of pregnancy.
- If you had thorax surgery 21 days or less ago.