Problems with your baggage
Next, you’ll find all the information you need about what to do if you have a problem with your baggage when you get to your destination.
Complaints are valid as long as they have been formalized in the baggage reclaim area before leaving the airport.
If your baggage doesn’t appear in the reclaim area at your destination, it’s important you take the following steps:
Immediately contact LAN personnel, before leaving the baggage reclaim area. Formalize your complaint using your Passport or ID, boarding card and baggage receipt. Trace your baggage online, entering your name and the case number that you’ll be given when you formalize your complaint. Don’t forget that your complaint will only be valid if it is made before you leave the baggage reclaim area.
What happens next?
- 96% of lost luggage cases are resolved within the first 5 days. Follow the processing of your complaint online by entering your complaint number and name in Trace your Luggage.
- We’ll make every possible effort to find your baggage as soon as possible and to send it to you to the address you indicate without charge.
- When we find your baggage and/or your case moves on to a different level, we’ll contact you straight away.
- The information on this page is up-to-date. Our Contact Center will provide you with the same information.
- You can find out about limits of liability in the Conditions that Apply to Air Contracts for People and Baggage.